With my reading and book reviews lacking a little recently, I scoured the internet in the hope of finding a bookish prompt and the one I really loved was the ‘My Reading Habits’ book tag. I found it interesting and I thought you might too! I quickly took down the questions, answered them and here we are – enjoy!
- Do you have a certain place at home for reading? I like to read in either an armchair in my sitting room with a cozy blanket, sometimes by the fire (bliss) or in bed.
- Bookmark or a random piece of paper? Bookmark every time!
- Can you stop reading anytime you want or do you have to stop at a certain page, chapter, part, ect.? If I have to put a book down before I’m ready to then I get pretty annoyed, but I usually take it in chapters or until I fall asleep.
- Do you eat or drink while reading? If I’m snacking during the day and reading then it’s often fruit but if it’s reading to unwind after a long day then it’s chocolate and tea.
- Can you read while listening to music/watching TV? I can’t read while watching TV, I would only get distracted by one or the other. However, I often like to read while listening to radio.
- One book at a time, or several at once? One book at a time, I find it a bit chaotic to read several at once.
- Reading at home or anywhere? I will read absolutely anywhere there is a few minutes to spare, once I have my head in a book I am oblivious to the world around me.
- Reading out loud or silently in your head? Silently in my head, for sure.
- Do you read ahead or skip pages? No way, I couldn’t do that even if I wanted to!
- Breaking the spine or keeping it new? Keeping it new and letting it wear with time.
- Do you write in books? I can be pretty sentimental at times so I think it’s sweet to write a message in the cover if you are giving a book as a gift, and I like a signed book too of course but that’s where it ends. If I want to take notes or keep track of quotes I usually just pop them into my phone.
That’s for The Reading Habits Tag, it was such a fun one to write! If you’re into reading I would definitely recommend you to take part in this tag. 🙂
Leave a Reply