This year I decided to buy my first beauty calendar, I’ve always been a fan of Advent calendars (I even missed my Cadbury’s one this year 😂) and I really wanted to get on the beauty calendar trend at least once so I said this would be the year to treat myself to one.
I searched high and low for the best value but high quality calendars and I ended up going for NYX. NYX had both a 12 day lip product and 24 day mixed beauty calendar, I went all in and grabbed the 24 day while I still had the chance. These calendars sell out in no time!
I was a total beauty calendar noob so I didn’t know what to expect but I did know I was excited to see what makeup goodies I would uncover each day.
- Suede Matte Lipstick – Shade: STFU
- Suede Matte Lip liner – Shade: STFU
- Candy Slick Lip colour – Shade: Jawbreaker
- Filler Instinct plumping lip polish (not pictured) – Shade: Brunch Drunk
- Retractable Lip liner – Shade: Nude
- Slip Tease Lip lacquer – Shade: Strawberry Whirl
- Liquid Suede Metallic matte – Biker Babe
- #thisiseverything lip balm
- Soft Matte Metallic lip cream – Shade: Copenhagen
- Line & Load two-in-one lippie – Shade: Ride or Die
- #thisiseverything lip scrub
- Cosmic Metals lip cream – Shade: Metropolitan Night
- Glitter Goals liquid lipstick – Shade: Shimmy
- NYX Lip Lingerie – French Maid
Also included in the calendar was this plumping lip gloss. Unfortunately my lips never react well to any plumping lippies so I gifted it to a friend instead!
- Duo Chromatic Illuminating Powder – Shade: Snow Rose
- Pro Spot Concealer brush
- Away We Glow liquid highlighter – Shade: Gold Rush
- Glitter Brilliants Face & Body glitter – Shade: Bronze
- Foil Play Eye pigment – Shade: Malice
- Eye blending brush
- Hot Singles eyeshadow- Shade: Heat
- Metallic eyeliner – Shade: Gunmetal
- Faux Blacks Inner eyeliner – Shade: Obsidian
- Worth The Hype mascara – Shade: Black
As you can see, it’s an extensive range of products for a reasonable price (the price of the calendar is considerably cheaper than the combined value of the products) I definitely did not expect to be getting two brushes and I will never have a shortage of lip colours again, that’s for sure!
If you’re looking to treat yourself to a beauty calendar next year that isn’t going totally break the bank, I would definitely recommend one from NYX!
Do advent calendars make it into your Christmas traditions? Do you prefer a chocolate one or a one filled with products? Let me know in the comments below 😊
Leave a Reply